to a women's retreat at Rockbridge (a YL camp near Lexington, VA). Rockbridget is one of my most favorite places. It is full of memories and is incredibly beautiful. I love the people that work there. It is just such a sweet, special place to me. We are spending July 7 - August 7th there this summer. I am so excited.
This women's retreat has been happening for about 10 years. This was my first year. And what a year it was. My initial response is to say that God really met me there. But, in reality, I met God there. I was the one that showed up. All I wanted was to just "be." Rest, relax, not have to be in charge of anything or anyone. At times, I felt slightly anti-social. But it was fantastic. It was 80 degrees and sunny and it was warm enough in the mornings to have a great quiet time outside w/o even thinking of needing a jacket, blanket, and sweatpants.
The speakers were great, of course. Some of the girls and I simply laid in the field in the middle of camp all Saturday afternoon. It was especially nice b/c there were no guys there playing frisbee golf - we were laying right in the way of hole 1! And Sunday morning I got up to watch the sun rise over the mountains.
I came home refreshed, knowing that God can meet me like that everyday. He's there. I'm the one that's always shorting myself. I feel like He really gave me some clarity into some issues that I had been trying to blame on others - I am a part of all equations and relationships. I have to do my part. It truly was all that I needed - and so much more.
1 comment:
how neat to be there without any frisbees, soccer balls, or volleyballs flying in your face. amen:)
Post a Comment