Sunday, October 17, 2010

in no particular order


Before my camera died at the Buckwheat Festival . . . a goat finding Sophie's leftovers in her stroller!


Ted has been very into coloring (inside the lines) and drawing recently. He and Sophie hang together at the table and Ted is "teaching" Sophie about colors, shapes and letters.


A couple of weeks ago, Sophie and I went with Ben to a regional meeting in Pittsburgh. We did a little fall shopping for Sophie and hung out with Shawna at her new, beautiful house. It was one of the first cold, rainy days we had. As our afternoon continued, Sophie slowly stripped down to her diaper. She didn't seem to mind.


Ted has been playing soccer every Wednesday afternoon. We missed the real soccer game sign-ups. So this is like a little clinic. Not really worth the money I paid for it. But he likes it just the same. He wears his England soccer uni every week.


While at soccer a couple weeks ago we saw the Good Year blimp. You can't really tell what it is. But it was around Morgantown for several days.


The pigs at the Buckwheat Festival. This is just so GROSS!


This was in a hotel parking lot last week. The things you see here. . .


We have leadership with all the college leaders on Sundays. Ben meets with all the guitar players for club 30 minutes before to practice club songs for the week. There's usually about 3 more that fit in here. It's a pretty neat sight!


Sophie and I watch program music videos at lunch sometimes. You can never get enough of those!


Sophie giving her foot a "bath." She had an ingrown toenail last week so we had to soak it and get some antibiotics. I swear, antibiotics are amazing!


Ted playing with the new bat for the Wii that Grandma gave us. Thanks, Grandma!


At Rockbridge, a cabin had Snuggies as volleyball uni's. They left them around so the Assignment Team got 1 per family. Ted digs it. I've made fun of Snuggies for a long time. But now I'm just going to say that I wish I would've thought of that and made my million.


Sophie hanging at Walmart.


Ted could entertain himself FOREVER in the Halloween aisle.


Uncle Andy came for the WVU game on Thursday evening and stayed the night. Friday morning he had breakfast with the kids, played dress-up (hence the too tight basketball jersey) and drew some pictures. He was trying to teach Ted about pi and square roots and crazy math facts but Ted was very uninterested.


This is one of two Care Bear costumes my aunt made. My cousins wore them. My sister and I wore them. And now this is top costume in Ted's dress up box.

3 comments:

Matt Santen said...

I love the Tuel Family

Adrienne said...

Laura I am not going to lie I thought the care bear costume at first glance... GLANCE... was a dear with a bullseye on its belly and it was Ted's halloween costume.

JB said...

Haha! Great post!

Ted is smokin' all those kids! He's so excited!! He's deceptively quick - like his father.

And I never got a snuggie. I openly blame Brooke for this.

It was great seeing Ben at the game on Thursday. Hope to see the family soon. BTW, I'm in the GCLI class with River Ridge, just for fun. I think every week Matt either quotes you or uses you as an example.