Sunday, October 3, 2010

misc. thoughts and pictures

So here are some misc. thoughts for you. . .

- this weekend we took the kids to the Preston County Buckwheat Festival. We saw lots of livestock, paid $12 for them each to ride 2 gross and nasty carnival rides (which they loved), and watched the parade. The parade included things like boys scouts shooting muzzle loaders, a middle school band that played "Poker Face," a motorcycle that had a hammack attached to one side with a (fake) deer napping in it, and an old tow truck that was completely redone to look like Mater from Cars. I'm pretty sure I've never seen so much farm-machinary (new or old) in one parade. My camera battery died - sorry no pics.

- Ben and I are learning to spend time together in the evenings. After many years of wanting him home for dinner and evening routines, my wish has been granted. The kids go to bed around 8pm. So, we're figuring out how to spend our time and what to do together. It's kind of a strange thing.

- I have a new grocery shopping philosophy. Shop 1x a week for 5 meals. Plus shop the 10 for $10 at Kroger. (You really don't have to buy 10 to get the deal.) I'm also learning that you can do half generic, half name brand to make things be a-ok. For instance: generic nacho chips and tostitos salsa. generic bread and Jif peanut butter. You get my point. It's working for me.

- It's always nice when you take your kid to get new shoes, and the size they need is two sizes bigger than the size they currently have on their feet.

- We really miss River Ridge Church a lot. That's been one of the hardest things for me. Ben's brother, Andy, is now a pastor and the Teays Valley campus of RRC. It's really a bummer for him to start when we left. But I'm sure the office could not have handled having Ben and Andy there together. So I guess everyone else is pretty thankful!

And some pictures for you (obviously some are from a few weeks ago with all the shorts and dresses and stuff) . . .


Ted climbing OUT of the car.


Sophie waiting for Ted to get home from school. She really misses him during the day. I think it's helping them actually play together well, though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.


Ted is completely indecisive about his birthday cake. He and Doh looked through her cake books for awhile. Every once in awhile he'll decide . . . and then come back 10 minutes later with 15 more ideas.


Ted & Sophie have been playing together so well. It's WONDERFUL! We're turning over a new leaf.


Ted can use anything in his personal skit closet. Nothing is unusable.






No comments: