Saturday, October 16, 2010

saturday

I was going to attempt to document our Saturday but I only made it about half way through. So, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit - in the words of Ted's preschool teachers.

Ben and I are up at 5:30 five mornings a week (used to be 6 when we were on church staff). So Saturday's are SLEEP IN days. We let Ted get up whenever he wants. We leave the tv on a channel that will have good kid morning shows on. He'll come downstairs, snuggle up on the couch and watch till we get up (when Sophie gets up.)



This morning we let Ben sleep in. He makes french toast or pancakes on Saturday mornings. I realized we were out of eggs, so the 3 of us went to Kroger in our pj's. The kids got to push their own small cart (they're hilarious and only allowed to push them when the store is NOT busy.) I forgot my camera and my phone - so no pictures of that. The general rule is that Sophie leads b/c she will otherwise bang your heels multiple times.


We came home and snuggled with Daddy.


Oh yeah, Ted slept on the futon last night (still made up from when Uncle Andy stayed the night before!)


Then we enjoyed some YUMMY french toast.


Spelled some words on the fridge.


And played so nicely together.

Then we got dressed for some FUN!


The kids LOVE seeing the PRT's around town. They get the biggest kick out of them. So, for our $2 entertainment for the morning, we rode the PRT from Walnut Street to the Medical Center (and back). It was so fun and they loved it!


Enjoying the view.


Sophie must have knocked her head on the window about 15 times. She couldn't quite get the fact that she needed to sit back a little.


Doing a little light reading on the way back.

So, we came back for naps. I enjoyed basking in the warm sun in the cool air on the front porch. Ben napped. Ted got up from his nap early so he and Ben went for a bike ride (Ted rode in the bike trailor). We had some nasty chicken enchillada's for dinner (don't get the Stoufer's kind - I'm just saying). Watched football. Ben & Ted got haircuts. And spent some time drawing before bed. We had a great day as a family and much needed relaxation.

Ben is currently upstairs putting the kids to bed. I've been waiting for this b/c I'm STARVING from a lousy dinner. I made the kids eat it w/o complaining. But now it's time to eat something - anything - to make up for that!

1 comment:

Bethany E. Ward said...

I love the picture in front of the PRT. The Tuel's could not be cuter!