Wednesday, February 23, 2011

best ? ever

This blog used to be all about my kids and a scrapbook of sorts. Somehow it has evolved a little. I was thinking of that while I was putting them to bed tonight. I want to use it this "scrapbook" to share with them truths about life that I have learned and want to pass along. I want to share with them God's faithfulness to me, Ben and our family. So even in these times that they may never remember, they will be able to look back and recount God's blessings and favor. That being said . . .

I lead a bible study for the girl college leaders and their friends every Friday morning. It is truly one of  my favorite times of the week. We are currently doing a 6 week series by Andy Stanley called "The Best Question Ever." I listened to this sermon series several years ago and it's truly something for all of life.

So, what is the best question ever?

"Be careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:15-16

The best question ever . . . what is the wise thing for me to do? In light of my past experiences, my current circumstances, and my future hopes and dreams.

This was Week #4 - Time Bandits

1. There is cumulative value in investing small amounts of time in certain activities over a long period of time. (Ex: relationships, healthy eating, exercise, money, etc).

2. Neglect has a cumulative affect as well.

3. There are rarely immediate consequences for neglecting single installments of time in any area.

4. There is no cumulative value in the urgent things we allow to interfere with the most important things.

5. In the critical areas of life, you cannot make up for lost time.

To me, this is some serious food for thought. It's been so good for me in thinking about this stage of life where I am right now. The value of it and the importance of INVESTING - in our marriage, with my kids, with Jesus. Investing is the word that keeps circulating in my brain and in everything I come across. It's super challenging to me. I like it.

No comments: