Friday, February 11, 2011

nook

I'm not normally one for high-ticket electronic items. Ben, on the other hand, is always saving his personal money for something. Currently it's an ipad. No one is really surprised by that. But, me, I've been hooked.

I'm doing some work on the side for a friend in town. Sometimes I'll get a sitter and go work somewhere else. The saddest thing for me is gone are the days of a good days work at Panera (aka the satellite office). The Panera in Morgantown is complete MADNESS - ALL THE TIME! It's crazy! Seriously RRC staff, be thankful for Charleston Panera on days the driveway doesn't get plowed. So sometimes I'll go to Ben's office. Or sometimes to Barnes and Noble.

The battery on my computer is stellar. And the only place to plug in is right next to the cycling commercial for this . . .



And I'm hooked. In case you don't know what it is, it's a Nook. Not a book. A Nook. It's an e-reader. It's amazing. I've been reading again lately. And this just, I don't know, I want it. I'm just saying. And B&N is saying SUCKER - we sucked you in with our commercial. Job well done!

So, I guess my question(s) is/are . . . do you have one of these? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Are you glad you have it? Do you actually use it? Or do you have thoughts on a Kindle? I'm game for that also. Just curious. Kind of wanted to do my own research and get some consumer reports. Not that I'm going to get one anytime soon . . . I'm just fascinated!

5 comments:

Robin said...

I don't have one, but am wondering how it compares to the Kindle?? Same thing??

Ash said...

I have a Kindle (newest generation w/ 3g)--- and I LOVE IT. Seriously love it. I thought I would miss turning the pages in books, etc...but I think it's worth the tradeoff. Not sure about the Nook, but the Kindle was the best fit for me :)

Annette said...

I just got the nook color and I love it! You can surf the web, read magazines, and the read to me books for children is awesome. You can also lend certain books to other nook readers. I wanted an ipad too but this is a close second:)(and much cheaper!)

Beginning of a Mrs said...

Better than a Kindle.... and Matt Hypes is hooked or should I say nooked. He loves his and I have used one and love it as well. I would say it is a great purchase!! Sad thing for me is I love the look of books so I'm out :(

Anonymous said...

My mom has one and she seriously loves it!
My sister works at B&N and could probably tell you a lot more about it if you like.

Shawna