Thursday, February 3, 2011

january 2011

So please allow me whine for just a minute . . .

January 2011 just about did me in. It's up there with the assignment from Hades (July 2009) and January 2006 when Ted was a 5 pound, 3 month old with caffeine withdrawl. Between snow, sickness, lots of dark and a completely whiny 2 1/2 year old, I just about lost my mind. I am not joking. Ben was gone almost every night and spent extra Saturdays working on the Young Life office.

I've had a really hard time being a mom lately. I don't feel like it's my natural gifting to start with. And so when my attitude and heart are super negative, it's all the harder. I did realize something though - I am mourning the loss of my job.

For several months, it has been good to be jobless. It has been good not to rush out the door every morning, to not be preoccupied and to sleep in on Sunday mornings and to not have to worry about childcare. Just being honest. But recently, my waistline, my sanity, and the checkbook have indicated it's time to go back part time. And the thought of doing something that I'm not excited and passionate about. Something that doesn't challenges me and use my gifts and talents. Something that I don't love the environment and the people. It makes me really sad. Don't get me wrong, I had my fair share of cries and frustration over Family Ministry Director. But I LOVED it! It thrilled me. I had a vision and passion for it. It mattered. I know how blessed I am to have had a job that I can say all those things about. I'm sad that I had so much in a job that I loved and I had to give it up. So, that's been part of it too.

But, Sophie seems to have snapped out of "whiny mode." We're all at least starting to feel better. The snow has melted and there's been sunshine 3 days in a row. I was hired by the Mon County Board of Education and can start subbing. I'm trying to do some homebound teaching stuff. I started doing a women's bible study. Anything has got to be better than January.

And here's some pictures for ya:


Adrienne came to see us. We miss her coming by all the time. A lot.


Ted does this puzzle almost everyday. He can do the whole thing by himself. I like teaching him about geography!


He's also been very interested in spelling and reading. He puts together words on his Leap Frog fridge thing and then writes in on the whiteboard. In case you need help interpretting: fed, act, pot, hot, bug, fed and hot (again).


Sick Sophie.


We got desperate enough for the stuffed animals to play MarioKart. They aren't very good.


A moment of peace. This lasted approximately 2 minutes . . . Haven't seen it since.

No comments: