Monday, February 7, 2011

ted-isms


Ted drawing Harry Potter. Even though we've never talked about Harry Potter EVER. Originally the drawing was of Dr. Evil Porkchop. Or whatever his name is from Toy Story 3.


So Ted has been giving us quite a few laughs the past couple days . . .

#1: Sunday morning we were having "family snuggle time" in our bed. It was Ben, Sophie, me, Ted - in that order. So we're laying there and the following conversation occurs:

Ted: Hey, have you ever heard of a beaver? You've seen one right?
Me: Yes, I know what a beaver is.
Ted: Did you know that there's a day when the beaver comes out of his hole and if he sees himself it snows a lot more.
Ben & Laura: Laughter and more laughter.
Ben: Buddy, I think you mean a groundhog.
Ted: No, I mean a beaver. It's a day. I learned about it at school.
And the conversation goes on. Finally we decide that really, it is a groundhog based on our comparison of a beaver and a groundhog.

#2: This morning at breakfast, Ben corrects Ted's use of the work "nakin" (short a sound) and explains that it's really "napkin". Ted DOES NOT believe Ben and barely believes me. He totally thinks we're lying to him. Even tonight at dinner he asks about the correct spelling of napkin to make sure we're not telling him false things.

#3: After our breakfast/nakin escapades, he and Sophie are playing with all the stuffed animals. They seem to play best in the morning which is a bummer b/c we usually rush Ted out the door to school. So, Ben is getting ready to take him and he gives us the following drama . . .

"Mom, I wish I didn't have to go to school today. I was having the best playdate EVER and now I don't know how it's going to end." (Head and shoulders slump over with very sad face).

Really? I don't think I've ever used the term "playdate." EVER.

Anyways, I think these things are even funnier when he does less of them. Thanks for the laughs Ted!

1 comment:

WVmedicgirl said...

I would also like to thank Ted Tuel for the laughs! Thanks Laura! I miss and love you guys!