Sunday, February 13, 2011

happy valentine's day


This is the window sill in our kitchen. I'm getting ready to clean it off b/c everyone is pretty much on the mend. This is very representative of the many ailments that have plagued our household the past couple of weeks. In case you can't see, there's some of the following: ammoxicillan for Sophie's ear infection (that's new as of this week), thera-flu, aleve cold and sinus, desitin, kids multi-sympton cold stuff, antibiotic and cough medicine for me (finally got that last weekend - made me feel like a new person), all of Ben's throat stuff for when he led worship at Oglebay right after having the flu, miralax, flintstones, children's ibuprofen. Needless to say, CVS has benefited greatly from us. Good thing we didn't spend any gas money in January b/c of sickness and snow. Switched that right over to the medicine budget.

Last week, WVU dental clinics had a free clinic for kids so I took both kids. It was Sophie's first time to the dentist. When they called her name, she grabbed the hand of the dental student and off she went. Ted, on the other hand, wrapped his arms around me and wouldn't get go. Thankfully they were in chairs right next to each other. They both did great. Ted got his first x-rays. All for FREE!










Sophie has been playing with Scout (thanks Melonie) and her kitty cat a lot lately. And we've been playing in clothes baskets a lot too. This is her newest seat while I cook or do dishes. I also have to babysit her animals while she goes shopping and to leadership.


Aunt Sara came to visit on Friday. Saturday morning, she jammed with Ted and they traded wigs.


Some friends came to visit when they were in town for a WVU basketball game. I kept Ben, Ted, Michael and Sophie. They had a great time together.





We had a CRAZY weekend. Last weekend we got to rest. I was still feeling so sick so I went to MedExpress and got some antibiotics. It was good to rest and spend time together as a family. This weekend we had friends over a lot. Ben worked on the YL office all day Saturday. We went to a Valentine's Day party with the leaders. Work Crew Training. Ben has been super busy in the evenings in addition to working all days. We miss him.

I took Sophie to MedExpress on Friday for an earache. Ear infections. The bummer was she had too much wax in her ears to even see. So they had to dig/flush it out. I've never heard her cry like that. She's such a good patient. I'm pretty sure she might be scared for some time. Neither of my kids have ever had an ear infection before. I remember having them. Very painful. She cried a lot. Sad tears. This morning she slept till 8:30, took a 3 1/2 hour nap, and went to bed at 8:00pm. Definitely fighting things off.

But we seem to be on the mend. Hoping to play outside later in the week. CAN NOT WAIT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethany E. Ward said...

I love that she goes to leadership! I can just hear her giving you careful babysitting instructions for her many errands. And Ted's wig is TOO funny!