Wednesday, March 16, 2011

finish a conversation

I had the funniest flashback today . . . I was in Stacy Santen's van driving to bible study in South Charleston. It must have been in our days of 1 car. Ben may have been a baby. I know for sure that I didn't have Ted. I remember thinking to myself something about how in the world Stacy could carry on a conversation with me and 2 kids in the back seat - at the same time! At the time, being the childless person that I was, I thought it was ridiculous. Another one of those things I must apologize to all parents for b/c I thought my kids and I would be different. That list also contains melting down in grocery stores, using bribery, pooping at the park, saying "because I said do," and other such things.

What made me flashback to this memory? I got an email from a friend today. We're going to the women's weekend at Rockbridge in a couple of weeks. At the end of her email she said, "I can't wait to finish a conversation with you!" I laughed so hard b/c it's so true. Between being interrupted a thousand times, refereeing and actually playing, an entire conversation is so hard to come by. 

Earlier this week the kids and I went to Black Bear with our dear friend Meredith. Ben is out of town all week and we eat pretty lousy when he's gone - breakfast for dinner, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, leftovers. Kids eat free at Black Bear - Ted gets the pb&j roll up (super yummy) and Sophie gets the cheese quesidilla. (Not important.) Between "excuse me mommy" and "excuse me Meredif", a couple trips to the restroom for unacceptable behavior, refereeing the chips and salsa, and other questionable incidents, we were lucky to finish a sentence. 

So, here is my public apology to all you parents out there that I judged in my thoughts for all those years. I apologize! Please forgive me!

And a couple of pictures unrelated to anything mentioned above . . .


Reading the Bed, Bath and Beyond flier in the car.

We brought the car seats in the house - who knew they were such entertainment?

No comments: