Wednesday, March 2, 2011

root canals and bedtime

2:53 pm -  Ben called to tell me he was going to Cheat Lake to get a root canal at the office of one of his newest friends. He'd been waiting all week for a cancellation to go.

3:46 pm - Ben calls me to tell me he can't find his insurance card. What is our dental insurance?

4:52 pm - Text from Ben: "I'm in the chair - numb."

6:11 pm - Ben calls to say he's passing by the house to pick up Zac to get to Bridgeport by 7:30 to play guitar for club. He decides to stop for some hugs and kisses. His face is swollen and numb. Stays for approximately 4 minutes.

8:22 pm - My text to Ben: Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy ggggggooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! I started putting Sophie to bed at 7:25 pm. 3 books, 2 snuggles, 2 prayers and 55 mins later I am still waiting on Sophies second poop of the night. The first one took 13 mins (and 2 flushes) somewhere in the middle of all of that. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It was one of the "those" nights around here. I was trying to redeem the evening at bedtime. But . . . not so much. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: