Sunday, March 27, 2011

spring break

Spring Break was fairly uneventful. But I'll give you the brief (mostly boring) recap:

Monday: We recovered from our weekend travels. The kids slept till after 8am and took huge naps. I took both kids grocery shopping (which I realize I rarely do) and we were a three-ring circus. Ted was especially horrible. There were storms in the evening - Ted and I watched a storm pass by from the front porch and saw a rainbow afterwards. Made me think of my Grandma watching the storms blow up from her front porch. The rainbow was much better than my camera captured.



Tuesday: We ventured to the park with the Teodoro's on a nearly 50 degree day. Thankfully the sun was out and made it seem warmer. Tuesday evening was anything but good. It culminated with Sophie ending up in bed at 7:15 for literally washing her hands with yogurt at the dining room table. She had yogurt up to her elbows. It was better for both of us that she just went to bed. Thankfully she went right to sleep without pulling her bedtime shenagans. I think she knew better.



Wednesday: We attempted to go to story time at Barnes and Noble. We were 5 minutes late and missed the whole thing. Figures. So we read other books and played with the trains. It was a beautiful day in between rain showers and storms. We got some great outside time in between storms in 70 degrees. That evening, we went to Club in Bridgeport with Ben. A HUGE storm caught us at the gas station. This is Ben fighting off the wind. About a minute later, it sounded like a train coming over the hill and the hail started falling. It was a little crazy. Sophie and I hit up Kohl's for spring/summer clothes for the kids. It's time for shorts weather. Ted has holes in the knees of every single pair of pants he owns.



Thursday: The weather turned COLD after the storms. It snowed this morning. We had lunch at Chik-Fil-A with some friends. We love it there but their playland is quite small. Spring break, snow days and days off school are always an invitation for crazy amounts of kids there. Ben and I went out on a date Thursday evening. Much needed. And a great time.

Friday: Some friends of YL allow us to have leadership at their house every Sunday evening. On Friday, they let us swim in their indoor pool. We went with the Teodoro's and had a GREAT time. No pictures, of course. Everyone was wiped and took long naps. The kids and I had a movie night Friday evening.

Saturday: In the morning, I had brunch and a surprise baby shower with these lovely ladies. We all have children the ages of not-born-yet to 5 years old. It makes for great laughs and is actually fairly theraputic and encouraging! It's nice to know my kids are the only kids who pull the stuff they do. I'm truly blessed to have connected with these women and for them to have been so warm and welcoming to me. Ben had a regional thing in Pittsburgh Friday night and Saturday morning. We had some good family time Saturday evening and even went to bed early! (Please excuse my bangs - they are in major need of a trim!)



So, that was our spring break in a nutshell. Boring? Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: