Saturday, March 24, 2012

gone

Thursday, I saw the most beautiful picture of a brain I've ever seen. Not that I've seen all that many! Ted had a CT scan and a follow-up appointment with her neurosurgeon. The cyst on his brain is completely GONE! The doctor had told us at the start of all this that it may never be completely gone but might just be smaller. So the fact that it is makes all of this a complete success. The bone has healed. The cyst is gone. His brain is unsquished. He is officially released to ride bikes and his scooter, climb and do all things a 6 year old wants to (and may or may not have already been doing). Tomorrow we're taking his birthday money to go get a new bike!




The EEG came back normal. But the doctor decided that they would like to keep him on the Keppra for 6 months total. So we'll have another EEG in May. Whatever. Not a big deal.

And his hair is GROWING!! We cut it was a #1 blade last week. The difference is less and less.

For all of this, I am beyond thankful!

No comments: