Monday, March 5, 2012

this and that

Last week, Ted brought home The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. I had never read it. It was a good book. Good moral of the story. I really had no intention of going to see the movie until a friend said how good it was. So today was an early dismissal and it looked to be a long evening. So off I went with both kids. It was really good. Sure it has environmental and political undertones. But there are so many spiritual truths - selfishness, greed, reaping what you sow, crossing one "line" after another, materialism, saying I'm not "that bad," sticking to your word, what you do affects others. I look at it as great conversation starters with my kids. Oh, and one of the main characters name is Ted. Ted loved it.


In case you missed my last post, Ted has been teaching his friends to rap and beat box at school. Today he informed me that he taught them to "two step". And then he showed me how he taught them - step by step. He said that they can two step while they rap. Sometimes I wonder what his teachers think of us.

Tonight, I put the kids to bed a little (too) early. They were up very early (5:45 & 6:15) this morning. Sophie was having a hard time. I went up to her room and she was sleeping in her pillow case. She said it as a sleeping bag. Fair enough.

I've started babysitting a 3 year old little girl two days a week. It's working out really well considering that it's really stepping out of my comfort zone. She and Sohpie get along really well and it's actually a really good thing. We usually play somewhere in the morning (library, B&N, the mall, a friends) and then come home to eat lunch, hang out, nap, and then Ted gets home and they play till her mom gets picks her up. 

Ben has shingles. He spent last Sunday in the ER b/c he thought it was kidney stones. A couple of days later, the rash came. I think in the whole scheme of things he has a pretty mild case. It's totally a result of his work too much, not rest enough lifestyle.

Last week we played the old switch-a-roo with the kids. I met Ben
and found the kids sticking out of the roof. They loved it!
A note I found on Ted's door after I asked him to clean his room
"I'm all done cleaning. And I want to kiss and hug you."
And I can't remember what the last line is!

Ben was assistant coach to Ted's basketball team. At their last game there was
only one kid on the bench at a time. So Sophie joined in the bench warming.
Sophie & I went to get our bangs trimmed Friday. Sophie ended the
visit with pink fingernails and purple shatter on top. She was one happy girl!
We went to New Martinsville for 24 hours. Gary Pap set up a target for Ted to
shoot a BB gun - indoors! Ted LOVED it to say the least.
Shooting from the family room into the workshop.
Be sure to note the angry bird pj's tucked into my Christmas socks!
Uncle Charlie taught Ted how to play the card game "war."

No comments: