Never did I think that so many people would read this blog. For that reason I will say this as a disclaimer of sorts . . .
Sometimes I read other people's blogs and I feel bad about myself as a wife, mom, Christian, etc. My kids haven't been memorizing scripture since they were in the womb. Being a mom does not come easily for me. I struggle with feeling like I am making an impact or doing things of significance. I don't have it together even one iota. I get irritated with my husband and struggle with him being in ministry sometimes. I get jealous over what others have and I do/can not. To name a few.
So, I hope that you never look at this blog and feel bad. I hope that I put it out there that raising kids is hard, being in ministry isn't all fun and games, things aren't always a walk in the park and that life just stinks sometimes. I hope I don't give you some sort of false/fake impression of us.
I will tell you this - when I started this blog, I started seeing the fun things in life a little more. I started considering things a little more of a blessing because I wanted to take pictures of them and remember the moments. Even the ridiculous, frustrating, nonsense, life-is-hard moments that I might otherwise forget or remember more negatively. And I am thankful for that.
Bottom Line: I don't EVER want to give anyone an impression that we have it all together, that life is always lovely, or that you should be like us. Because I'm pretty sure that we would make you crazy!
To prove it to you, here's my daughter "exercising" on my unmopped kitchen floor while my son dances to "Party Rock Anthem"in the background. In case you don't know, it's not the best song to expose a 6 year old to. It definitely does not win me mother of the year.
3 comments:
You have no idea how i needed to hear there is another mother out there who isn't perfect. After 2 nights of no sleep and being short, i thought I was alone. Also struggling with letting lyla watch tv. Sometimes I feel like I have it together but most of the times I don't. It looks like your kids are happy and that is all that matters.
sigh. i'm so WITH YOU on the blogging issues herein. thanks for your honest heart.
I think you are a great Mom, wife and woman. I taught a lesson on the comparison trap last year--and one thing I learned...it's very hard not to do this. We are comparing our worst--most of the time (blog or otherwise) to someones best.
I always tell people--if you think I am perfect--you need to spend more time with me! ha. and so if there is someone you especially compare yourself to--you should ask if you can come live with them for a week...likely you would find out--their lives are not perfect or even close to it...live for Him---and His praise--and remember...youre AWESOME!
Post a Comment