Life sometimes goes at a pace that I can't keep up with. The past few weeks it had started to get the best of me. Until Thursday when Ben and I went to Pittsburgh for the night. We went with our friends Cameron and Sarah. They found a small, quaint place on the South Side and we had the best dinner I think we've ever had. Great food. Great friends. Time to sit and not be in a hurry and reflect on the year.
We stayed the night, slept in (thank you, Tylenol PM), watched a movie, finished up the little things for Christmas shopping, went to Anthropologie for the first time (someone would have to do my shopping for me at that store) and came home to watch Christmas Vacation and wrap gifts. We slept in again this morning and then I used a gift card Ben got me for my birthday (11 months ago) to get a massage. Glorious and much needed. Well, not needed really, but much appreciated. The kids came back this afternoon (thanks Mom and Dad for keeping them). We baked some cookies and put together a castle one of our leaders gave them. We have the week off and plan to relax, play and be a family.
So here's some December catch up.
My sister and my cousin, Jim, came to Morgantown Monday to deliver Ben's birthday gift. We had Black Bear for dinner and had a great visit.

me and Sara
Ted enjoying a little NFL from the laundry basket.
John and Martha Hannah gave this to Sophie last year. She's been wearing it everywhere. It's definitely nice to have mittens attached. Plus she's just so darn cute.
We (Ben) made cookies tonight. Sophie was waiting patiently until after her bath.
I have decided that picking out funny, clever greeting cards is some sort of spiritual gift. Maybe that's my excuse for not buying cards. I did find this one for Ben's birthday. It is for sure the best card I've ever purchased.
Ted and Sophie had a little Holiday Program at school. Sophie is on the front row, 3rd from the left.
Ted singing with his first grade class.
So, there you have it. All caught up and ready for Christmas.



No comments:
Post a Comment