Well, last weekend was our 7th and final wedding of the year. Jimmy and Sarah are two of leaders here in the Mountaineer Area. Sarah is from Virginia and a leader at Grafton High School. Jimmy is from Bridgeport and a leader at University High School. They are so darn cute. I love them both so much and would be thrilled if they were leaders someday for Ted and Sophie. Ben and I had fun doing their pre-marriage counseling together, which we've never done before.
But I missed the wedding. Ted had the flu - the real, live, tested and the results were positive influenza virus. Which I'm pretty sure Sophie had first two weeks prior and Ben had it the following week. They just kicked it faster (and walked around infecting others). We spent Sunday morning at MedExpress being diagnosed and treated with Tamiflu. (If you start getting the symptoms of the flu, got get yourself tested and get on that stuff. It's amazing!) The doctor also gave me a prescription for it to take it proactively. I'm thankful because I usually get sick around Christmas if I'm going to get sick.
Ted was super bummed not to go. My kids really love all the leaders and we had decided we would take the them. We even practiced dancing the night before. Ted and I practiced slow dancing and Ben twirled and dipped Sophie in the living room. Ben officiated the wedding and then helped dj the reception so there was no switching for me.
Congratulations, Jimmy & Sarah. We love you and are so thrilled to have been part of your wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment