Saturday, December 22, 2012

friends

About a month ago, River Ridge Church - Charleston and Teays Valley - had combined services at the Clay Center in Charleston. They had just finished a building campaign and were making pledges to add on to RRC Charleston and buy and renovate an old car dealership in Teays Valley as well as support several areas of missions. I was so very sad to miss it, not be there and not be part of it. And I couldn't quite figure out why.

Then it occurred to me that since I've been working, I haven't really been hanging out much (or at all) with my Morgantown friends. Between work and school and soccer and gymnastics and life in general, I've been at work or with my family. And with all these weddings this fall, we've spent more time with Charleston friends than anyone else. Definitely something I need to remedy. I miss my friends in Charleston and in Morgantown!

Anyways, our friends the Young's and the Bishop's came to visit two Saturday's ago. The kiddo's all came and stayed at our house while the adults went to Black Bear for a late lunch and to the men's WVU basketball game. It was a much needed day, that's for sure! I'm so thankful they made the trip!

Preston (3), Duncan (2), Ted (7) Maise (4) & Sophie (4)

Dave & Michele, Ben & Laura, Liz & Scott
I won't list our ages!

Maisie and Sophie

Sydney & Ted

It's a very special thing that the kids can pick up right where they left off. I know that won't last forever (or maybe it will). I'm just thankful for it. now. These are very special people in our lives.

No comments: