We, well Ben, have entered a new stage of life otherwise known as the late 30's. YIKES! This is freaking me out a bit. Getting older or crossing new age ranges have never really bothered me. But this is a bit different I feel like. 3 years till 40. Wow! Maybe he even seems a bit older after coming home completely wrecked after doing music and program for a Fall Weekend yesterday. This is the 17th birthday I've celebrated with him, which is also crazy.
You know what confirms he's old? I got him slippers and a sweater vest. Sigh. I wasn't really feeling the age thing when I bought those. And an XM radio to replace the one that got stolen out of his car.

I actually did a little better than normal on the birthday. Ben always kind of gets the shaft on his birthday. Because I'm horrible at that kind of stuff and because we're usually wrapping up the semester and we're just busy - like the parent meeting tonight. I even got an ice cream cake.
The kids hid Ben's gifts and tried to play the hot/cold game with him. Disaster. Then they couldn't remember where they hid the last one. Ted wrapped up "Home Alone" for him - straight out of the tv stand. Good times!
Happy birthday, Ben Tuel! I sure am glad to share so many birthdays with you. Here's to many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment