Thursday, October 9, 2008

Allergy Season

Allergy season is rough at our house . . . especially when I insist on keeping the windows open. Who doesn't want this nice evening air going through their house, not to mention keeping the electric bill down. But Ted struggles. It all just settles in his chest. And I'm terrible at discerning when he needs to stay home and rest. (I will say this has been the longest stint EVER w/o a breathing treatment - woohoo!) So this morning we were at the church putting Sophie down for a nap, going to do a little work before bible study, and Ted just couldn't quit coughing. Enough that he was coughing up stuff. So when he finally asked, "What is this stuff in my mouth?" (Sorry for being gross!) I knew it was time to go home for another breathing treatment and some of our favorite medicines. So, we spent the day at home. I let him watch a lot of tv to rest. He had french toast for dinner and we snuggled on the couch a lot.

When he was going to bed, he asked if he could sleep in my bed. He's NEVER slept in our bed - with or without us. We've just never done that. I thought it would be fun for him. I can hear him better b/c the door is open and it's a little closer to the living room. And he's back there singing. He goes between Blessed Be Your Name, Country Roads, and talking about the penguins he saw on the episode of Diego right before he went to bed. I peeked in on him and he looks so cute laying there in the big bed with the covers up to his neck. . .

Both kids are going to New Martinsville tomorrow to spend the weekend with the grandparents. Doh & John Pap are Ben's folks. Dampa and Gary Pap are mine. Ted made those names up himself. It's the first time I've left Sophie. Sigh. But she's so good I'm not really worried. Ben and I are going to the WVU game on Saturday and coming back to Charleston for church duties on Sunday. Then we're going back to NM on Sunday after church to have Ted's family birthday party. He's turning 3! Can't wait to share the pictures with you . . .

1 comment:

kim said...

hey!!!! so great to see you all have a blog!!! the kids are looking adorable, of course! :)