Monday, October 20, 2008

Ted's 3rd Birthday

Well, Ted is officially 3! I'm feeling a little mushy I guess. I can't believe he's 3. He has officially moved from a toddler to a preschooler. For the first time in my life, I feel a little old. Saying I have a 3 year old seems bigger. I feel like 2 wasn't the greatest year for him. I started getting sick with Sophie on his 2nd birthday. I layed around until May, then his life completely changed. I'm proud of how he's handled it all. We were talking about some of the highlights when we snuggled in bed last night: playing with Kennedy and Rachel all the time, getting to spend several weeks through the year with his grandparents, getting a baby sister, learning to talk, being more independent, no more diapers, getting to go to big places with Daddy, fewer breathing treatments and doctor visits. It was a good year.

We had a good but busy birthday. I was at a women's retreat Friday and Saturday. So Doh (Ben's Mom) came to hang with Ben and the kids. They bought pumpkins, played, and made cookies on a stick to take to preschool. On Sunday, we did the typical 8 am-1 pm stint at church, had family naptime, opened presents, and had some birthday ice cream (no need to compete with Doh's cakes). His friend Ben came over with his family to give Ted a birthday present and stayed to watch some football (they don't have cable). We were going to carve pumpkins but, by the end of all that, it was bedtime! Today he took his cookies on a stick to preschool and they were a BIG hit. Thanks, Doh! We didn't get many pictures from yesterday - sorry. But we're going to carve pumpkins tomorrow. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

thesawhooks said...

....sniff....sigh...I can't believe he's 3! Let me add to your post that a year ago - he was barely saying a few words, was so shy and still had diapers and a pacifier! And now - he is a little boy - with a TON to say - big ideas, a sense of humor, no pacifier, and potty trained!! What a great year for him...and what a great mommy you were for him! :)