My parents left Charleston with the kids around 1:00 pm on Friday. Ted went to preschool Friday morning and was feeling pretty good. I gave him a breathing treatment and he was a little junky but otherwise he was fine. By 6:30 pm, we go the phone call that he had a 102 degree temperature, was throwing up, and wouldn't stop crying. Our plans went out the window and we drove to New Martinsville after half-time of the GW football game. (BTW congratulations to Beth Anne who won Homecoming Queen - woohoo!). I MIGHT have left him there but Ben's folks were working and sick and my dad had a class all day Saturday. So I couldn't leave my mom on her own Saturday for us to go to a football game.
I choose to sleep in Ted's room as oppossed to sharing a room with Sophie. She's pretty noisy when she sleeps. Bad idea. Ted was THRILLED to have a roommate and couldn't go back to sleep. It was after 3am when he finally went to sleep and was up again by 6!!! Ben wanted to have lunch with Grandad at the Court Restuarant so we decided that we would stay through the WVU game. Ben called after lunch to lament over the fact that NOT ONE station in the local area was carrying the game. Evidently that wasn't such a bad thing b/c the game was pretty ugly. So he listened to it on the radio.
Terri felt better after the morning and decided she could finish up Ted's cake so we had an impromptu birthday party on Grandad's front porch. Backyardigan cake and everything. It was a great ending to a kind of lousy weekend. But that's the price of parenthood.

The hit gift of the birthday party - silly glasses from the Dollar Store. Grandad wanted a piece of that action!
Ted's AWESOME Backyardigan cake with Uniqua (U-knee-ka-wha as Ted says) and Pablo. Uniqua is the pink something or other and Pablo is the blue penguin in case you're not up on the lastest kid's shows.

Sophie slept through some of the party. Please disregard greasy bangs from lack of bathing!
2 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED!!!! WE miss you and wish we could celebrate with you!!!! :)
Looks like a fun party! Kennedy is really getting into Backyardigans too..THANK GOODNESS!!! IT's about the only cartoon I can handle these days!! :) I'm sooo done w/ Elmo! She also likes the Wonder Pets...
Soo sorry to hear about the throwing up...ICK!!! You know how I feel about this...you can bet that I (of all your friends) feel the most sorry for you! :)
i was just wondering today "what the heck is uniqua??? we do watch it from time to time and for whatever reason it never occurred to me to question what she is! ANYWAYS...i digress...
i'm sorry your plans didn't work out but the cake was adorable! looks like everyone had fun! :)
Post a Comment