Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Balentime's Day

Ben and I got burned last year on Valentine's Day - a childcare switch and going out too late landed us a Penn Station (glorified Subway) for dinner. We learned our lesson. So we did our Valentine's this past Sunday. We had a gift card to a NICE restaurant in Charleston and then went to Mountain Stage. For anyone who loves music, you really need to go sometime. We spent $100 on dinner - salad alone was $17!!! Thank the Lord for the gift card!

It's been a long, busy and stressful week for Ben. So we decided to just hang today. Ted got a gift card from Doh and some $ from Grandma in the mail yesterday. So Ben took Ted to IHOP for breakfast and then to WalMart to spend his money. Ted decided on a fire truck. He's played with it all day and saved everyone in the family and all his little people.








We went to the mall in the evening. All I wanted for Valentine's Day (besides my lovely poem on Facebook) was a blizzard. We've been eating healthy lately - and it's really paying off - and my biggest sacrifice has been ice cream. I thought I could splurge. Glad I did!

No comments: