Sunday, March 29, 2009

a little of this, a little of that

For the 3rd Sunday in a row, I am watching "Planet Earth" on the Discovery Channel. It is truly amazing the way this planet functions. If you've never seen, you truly should watch it.

It's been a BUSY month with no signs of slowing down. . . I'll briefly update you. Ben was gone every night last week: Campaigners Monday, parent meeting and lacrosse game at Hoover on Tuesday, Club Wednesday, worship Thursday, WyldLife Friday. He's going to Lake Champion Monday pm-Thursday late for assignment team training. The kids and I will eat plenty of leftovers, hotdogs, mac and cheese and, the family favorite, chicken crescents.

Sophie is officially a "people food eater." It's all I can do to get some baby food in her. She's all about feeding herself. Usually double fisting. Chicken cresents are a favorite. I'm just going to keep myself stocked since both kids LOVE them. She's still army crawling all over the place. She doesn't seem to mind all the dog hair she crawls through. And doesn't pay much attention to her friends in the nursery who are pulling themselves up to a stand and walking around things. She still has this nasty dirt eating habit which still drives Ted crazy.

Ted has had a good two weeks health wise. Makes me feel better. He's made friends with the "trouble maker" in his class. They are good buddies which, for the most part, is fine. But Ted is very much a follower - I've known that for awhile. However, I do not know how he got that from the two of us - must have gotten the recessive genes. So we've had some long talks about what is kind and not kind. And that you don't do things just b/c someone else is. And the consequences that he will have if he's not kind - we kind of figured those out together. We'll see. He's 3 - can't wait for jr. high . . .

No comments: