Tuesday, March 31, 2009

tough cookie

Sophie is truly a tough cookie. She woke up Monday with pink eye - oozy, crusty, red and swollen. We got drops started in the afternoon. Neither the pink eye or the drops phased her. The only thing she hates is that I have to hold her down. Her eye is MUCH better today - and no one else has gotten it yet. She is no longer contagious as of this afternoon. Sorry - no pics - Ben has the camera.

Tonight, I really realized how tough she is. She cried when I put her in bed and I couldn't hear here in the kitchen until she was really worked up. So when I went in to get her, she snuggled right up for several minutes - which she never does. I realized that she rarely cries*. She'll fuss or whine when she needs a change of scenery or needs help up off the floor or is annoyed by Ted. But she never cries. Today she hit her head on my knee while we were playing, got whacked in the head by Millie's tail, was pushed from standing by Ted, among other things and never shed a tear. She rarely cries and needs to snuggle and be comforted. Nothing really phases her. She's one tough cookie!

* Unless she is with a babysitter in the evenings - or with Kathy the other day! Then it's all over . . .

1 comment:

WVmedicgirl said...

you forgot she always cries when Aunt Stephanie holds her too.... ;)
Im glad you blog so much, it makes me feel like I am not missing out on so much of their lives!! I miss you guys!