I'm sorry I haven't called. We have very bad cell reception here and my phone has been turned off since I got here. Now that I am not working, I get very few emails but I do check email and facebook at least once a day.
We are having a GREAT time. Very unlike last year. The kids are doing great and we are having fun. Ben is having a typical "week 1" and we have barely seen him. I can never tell how bad week 1 is compared to years past. I think this year Ben is just feeling older. Kirk and Ben are quite a bit younger than he is and don't have kids in the mix. So they've got way more energy. He's doing great though. As always, he makes me so proud.
The kids are wonderful. I wish I could explain in depth what a different kid Ted Tuel is this year. It could quite possibly be a miracle! Seriously. He is a whole new child. The most noticeable differences are his total freedom in the pool (including jumping off the diving board) and his loving going to club and being involved. He wears arm floaties instead of a life jacket and is completely comfortable. He sings, he dances, he claps and runs at club. It's so fun. He has a breakfast date with Adrienne everyday and is loving keeping up with all the characters in the run-ons.
Sophie is the assignment team mascot. She is hilarious. She kisses and hugs all day and does her notorious hi's and bye's across the dining hall, the club room, and all over camp. Today she did burn the tips of all the right fingers when she touched a sterno on the buffet line. I don't think I've ever heard her cry that hard or that long. But she's a trooper and has moved on. Including a way to figure out her thumb tonight at bedtime. And, best of all, she pooped on Day 1 AND 3. For those of you who know her pooping habits, this is also a minor miracle! Sophie carries her purse with her everywhere she goes and wears bracelets and necklaces. She is a hoot!
I regreat to say I haven't taken many pictures. But this should hold you over for awhile. . . .
swimming (fully clothed) in the little pool we have right outside our living space.
ted and mary on the thing in the middle of the lake. the part where mary is spins around when you walk on it.

daddy taking sophie on a walk during the volleyball tournament

ted jumping off the diving board!!!!!!

sophie's typical look at the pool. we're all getting tan!
So, that's all from here. We're having a great time! We'll call the next time we run to Walmart. At this point, it might be awhile!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment