In the middle of the water regatta at camp today, she fell about 3 feet onto the concrete floor at the pool flat on her back. She knocked her head pretty good and cried for awhile. But after she stopped crying she got pretty dazed and unresponsive. It was truly the scariest hour of my life. I told friends here that I was more scared then when Ted was born. I don't think I knew enough then to be scared. But the visions and thoughts running through my head today terrified me. Period.
Ben and I took her to the ER in Lexington. From the time she fell to the time we arrived it was a little over an hour. The entire car ride she said about 2 words - all in response to something I asked her to say - and moved very little. We had to work hard to keep her awake (it was naptime and she had been out in the sun all day). Thankfully, when we were checking her in, she was starting to wiggle around and start initiating conversation. By the time the doctor saw her, she was back to her sparkling personality. It was quite amazing actually. So, while we were there, we had her rash looked at (fifths disease) and got that all settled. She has been fine all afternoon - a little stiff but the Tylenol seems to be taking the edge off.
Meanwhile, back at camp, we took off with barely a word to Ted. Thankfully, Cyndi Buda helped him to the pool and lunch. Then he played wiffle ball and basketball with Derek, Lisa and Shawna. Fun that they were visiting today. Ted was mainly concerned that I missed lunch. Apparently I don't do that much.
So, what a day. I made myself some taco dip to eat tonight for dinner. Oh yeah, Ted had a fever tonight too. He's been struggling with headaches for a few days. So, I'm hoping this fever is helping him work things out of his system and we can get back to having fun. Time to sit back and take a deep breath.
Some pictures for your viewing pleasure from the past week:

This was Sophie on the way home from the ER getting ready to fall asleep. But this is how she looked for almost an hour. Staring off into space and very dazed. She actually looks kinda mean - I guess I couldn't capture it that well!

In the ER blowing bubbles.
Megan & Shelly came to visit yesterday.
Superman!
Shawna throwing the kids at the pool
Some of the ladies at dinner one night - Susie Berg, Shawna Allevato, me, Liz Allen, Bethany ward & Brooke Johnston

Ted is in full program mode. He likes to take clothes from around the apartment and dress up. Funny thing is, it's usually stuff from the dirty clothes hamper!
Ready for the pool.
We had a couple of rainy days last week. Thankfully b/c it has been so dry and hot for so long. We did some crafts. This particular one was headbands . . .
Mary, Emma and Ted with their finished products.
Ted didn't want to make one for me or Sophie so he made one for himself.
Gideon and Sophie watching the Opera last week.
Last rainy day we went to Walmart the back way. Ted got carsick. He never threw up but put his head in the toilet for awhile and Sophie felt the need to watch.

Sophie likes to walk a lot. And push her stroller. She only has to ride when she doesn't obey.

Ted rides his bike sometimes. The hill to the place where we live get him every time though.
Mary and Ted walking from dinner. Ted has been dressing himself recently which usually involves his black wedding socks!
So, that's all the excitement from Rockbridge. We're hoping the injuries and sickness pass soon so we can get back to enjoyable days.
1 comment:
I love the update! Hate Sophie and Ted are not feeling well! I hope u all enjoy the rest of the summer! I don't know if dad told yall yet but we are moving up there in August! I am sooo excited this time! And it is for good this time!We are gonna be staying with Heather until we can find a place! Well maybe now I will get to see the kids and get to know them! I cannot wait! I love yall and will see u soon!
Post a Comment