Saturday, July 24, 2010

week 3, day 3

Just so you know, I blog on Days 3 & 6 because those are my laundry nights and I'm waiting around for gobs of laundry!

So, today I bring you a day in the life of the Tuel's at camp.


Good morning!


Go wake the parent that's still in bed.


A little pre-breakfast with whatever kids are up.


At least start a movie.


Ted has a breakfast date with Adrienne Days 2, 3 & 4 to watch the morning run on. He loves it and looks so forward to it. Days 1 & 6 are brunch and Day 5 is sleep in day. People kind of make a big deal about Sophie. So I'm thankful for Adrienne making some special stuff for Ted.

Then it's pool time in between breakfast and lunch. It's been so very hot that it doesn't matter that it's early. The kids love the pool. Ted is a regular fish and Sophie jumps and jumps and jumps into the pool. By going to the pool before lunch we avoid most of the high school kids in the pool.

Ted playing with the bucket.


Sophie with her life jacket, ring and noodle (the noodle was in her possession until I took the picture of course.) She is not going under!


Then there's lunch. Some are inside, some are outside buffets. I prefer inside b/c Sophie doesn't eat when she's not strapped in.


Then it's NAPTIME! Glorious naptime! That's when I shower, read, do misc to-do things, have bible study with the other wives, go to the snack bar, etc. This is my time - my 2 hours of the day to do what I want. I love, love, love it!


After naps we play and hang until dinner.


Dinner! This was actually Sophie eating her breakfast cereal with a knife.

After dinner is more playing and then baths before Club.


The kids dancing at club with Cyndi Buda.


Sophie taking a moment of rest during club. Usually she is running, jumping, clapping and dancing too much and too fast to get a picture!


Then back to bed for the night.


In the evenings, the adults gather in the community area to eat, talk about the day and do a LOT of laughing. This picture is from Day 6 after the campers leave. That night, Brooke (our speaker) and Ben, JB, and Kirk (program team) eat and eat and eat as they've been on their toes all week and they can finally rest for a minute. Until campers come again the very next day!

So, that's the average day in the life of the Tuel's this month. If kids are not cranky (or me) it's a great day. And this is pretty much the routine that we follow daily. Sometimes we throw in the baby pool in the evenings, or crafts or walks, or the snack bar. But this is the general gist of things. We see Ben here and there. Not for many significant amounts of time. Thankfully we know that's temporary! Today is the half way point for us . . .

1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

Finally catching up on my blog reading. Looks like camp is going well - I hope each day is enjoyable and brings something new for you! What a great chance for you to really enjoy your kids, too. But, yes, naptime is glorious (I am enjoying right now)!! Lots of love to you!