Sunday, November 27, 2011

and we're back

We're home and getting back to "normal." Ted's improvement in the past two days is quite amazing and pretty impressive. He's barely complaining of any pain but still gets a little sluggish and quiet when it's time for medicine (we're stretching out his rotation of Tylenol and Ibuprofen). But, as a whole, he's GREAT. If you didn't know, you'd never guess he had surgery a week ago. I find myself saying things like, "No wrestling, watch your head, don't tackle your sister, slow down, etc." a lot - especially today. We're going to have to find some things to do this week without getting turned in for truancy! I'm thinking the Muppet Movie and a trip to the WOW Factory to paint some ornaments might be in order. And probably half days of school on Thursday and Friday.

His stitches will come out next Monday. The patch on his head is slowly coming off. I'm a little anxious to see the incision. He's pretty self-conscious about the bandage and the stitches. He says he doesn't want to go anywhere until they're both gone. I haven't told him about a scar yet. We finally gave him a shower last night - he was GROSS!

Sophie rejoined the family today. Our house instantly went up in chatter level. Everyone was a little cranky when they went to bed tonight. She has to decompress from being gone a week. But we sure did miss that little lady. She brings a lot of life and humor with her. Ted was officially bored today so it was nice to have a playmate back - for Ted and for us!

A giant get well card from Uncle Andy & Aunt Courtney

Some fun visitors - Kelly, Ethan and Zach

We put up the Christmas Tree Saturday night. And, yes, that's the Marshall
game on in the background. All the other games were blow outs!


Painting the car Uncle Andy & Aunt Courtney got him - it's such a thoughtful
gift as Ted always wants to play with Ben and Andy's pinewood derby cars
when he's a Doh's house. Now he can have his own.

Loving his new Steelers blanket. It's super cozy!
Ben and I finally crashed on Saturday. Ted wasn't much for napping so we put on a movie and told him not to move from the couch. I'm super thankful for several days of meals. I never think I need them but am really glad when they come. I have some talented friends in the kitchen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see this good news! We've been praying for your family, Laura. And your love for one another and Ted's rapid progress is inspiring to many!!