Tuesday, May 22, 2012

beautiful days in may

Some Sophie conversation for your enjoyment . . .

* While holding the poop scooping bag: "Mom, I smell poop."

* While eating lunch after church on Sunday: "I like cheese pizza on Christmas. And pepperoni on Thursdays." (Who knew?)

* While being held by Ben:
            Ben: Sophie, you're huge. You are getting so big.
            Sophie: For real. I'm huge.

* While driving home from school today:
           Sophie: So Sophie, what did you do at school today?
           Me: (realizing I hadn't asked that question yet) So Sophie, what did you do at school today?
           Sophie: I don't want to talk about it right now.
           Me: Oh. Ok.

 I love when she looks for flowers.




This is where Sophie spends a large chunk of her days. That would be an under-the-bed storage box with leftover sand from last years banquet. I believe she's about outgrown it.

And this would be the average filth on her feet (and the rest of her body) on a daily basis. "Filth Magnet" should really be her middle name. Oxyclean is her summer clothes best friend.

Thus the condition of my kitchen floor everyday. Since we use the back door as our main entrance, it's just dirty all the time. I usually mop and swiffer at least once a day.

Our picnic at Dorsey's Knob last weekend.

Ted being gangster.

Ben and Ted are loving t-ball. I like it - for now. I dread endless baseball games in the future. I was thinking more along the line of basketball as our sport of choice - indoors and time limit. But it is my best sport to be able to play in the yard with Ted. I can play catch all day.

Ted's baseball team. It's fun b/c we know several other families on the team. That really makes a difference in things too. I enjoy my friend time in the bleachers and Sophie has several little friends to play with after she watches approximately 30 seconds of the game.

This is Sophie's new self-hairdo. She puts the clip in her mouth, pulls all her hair back and clips away. It's always in a different direction and different place. Very classy. Sometimes it's very Beth Moore-ish.

She fell down the stairs a couple of day ago while wearing, wait for it, her high heel dress up shoes. That's already a rule around here. Now we know why.
  
This was yesterday, a couple of days post fall. Her nose is swollen and her eye is getting black in the corner.  Today her eye is even worse.

Today was Sophie's last day of Tuesday School. Tuesday School was Tuesdays (are you surprised?) from 9:30 am - 2:00 pm. And a darn good price! It's been so special and a great thing for both of us. She has 6 other kids in her little class. These are her teachers Miss Dana & Miss Jess. Miss Jess' baby is due Thursday! Today the 3 classes (2's, 3's and 4's) did a little end of the year program. Sophie has already made plans to hang with Miss Dana at the pool this summer!



No comments: