Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother's day weekend

We had a very fun, full weekend around here. Definitely a winner! Friday evening, Ben Santen came over early in the evening. So fun for he and Ted to play together. They're both getting so big. Games. Beyblades. Movies. Sleepover. Stacy and Emily joined us later after Emily's lacrosse match in Fairmont. Thanks for coming!


Saturday morning we went for a little walk in the trails in White Park. The kids particularly liked the mountain bike trails.
 
 
  We had a few injuries. Nothing major.

We had a picnic lunch at Dorsey's Knob and then came home for family naps.

In the evening we had Ted's first t-ball game. He's had two cancelled because of rain so he was ready to go. Isn't he cute? He really likes t-ball. And so does Ben. Ben played baseball all the way through high school. So it's something he really likes to teach Ted. Unlike soccer which Ben is not super fond of. I think we might have found our best sport yet. We'll see. 

Ted is on the same team as his buddy Elliot. And we played against the team of his buddy Matthew. For the first time, we have friends on the same team - and I their mom's are great friends. That really changes things.






Playing 1st base

Ted paying "back up 1st base", Elliot playing 1st and Matthew on 1st base

Today has been a great Mother's Day! Ben let me sleep in and made a great breakfast - eggs, hash browns, bacon & fruit. I got some sweet gifts from my kids (including the framed art I wanted!)

From Ted

Something Ted wrote for school:
My mom is special because she drops me off at the bus stop
(which would be walking out the front door).

He found these in the sight word cards and gave them to me. 

From Sophie:
 
 Translation:

My mother's name is Laura Tuel. (true)

 She is 601344 years old. (This is a variation of my cell phone #)

My mom loves to eat tacos. (I do)

My mom's favorite thing to do is coloring with me. (Sure)

 My mom is happiest when I hug her. (I do love that)

To relax my mom does read aloud. (ok)

For Mother's Day, my mom would like to make lunch. (Well . . . )



We hit up the 11:00 service and I taught Sophie's small group and 17 of her closest friends. We had $5 pizza in the park for lunch which was fun. Sophie napped. Ted and I read a new book series we've recently discovered. I rode the exercise bike and got to read. Ted and I played "Just Dance 3". Ben made super yummy chinese for dinner. (We've found the awesome new rice for the rice cooker. It has satisfied my love of chinese food and a lot cheaper than ordering out.)We had strawberry shortcake for dinner and even a little fun with the whip cream. Ben squirted it in Ted's mouth, and all over his face! 

We had a super fun weekend. And thanks Ben, Ted & Sophie for a great Valentines, I mean Mother's Day! (Ted kept saying "Happy Valentine's Day!)  I'm so thankful to be your Mommy!


1 comment:

Do Not Disturb Blog said...

In Lydia's fill in the blank note from school she said I weighed 25 pounds and was 10 feet tall. I think she needs to work a bit more on estimation. Sounds like a great day.

Megan