Tuesday, May 29, 2012

sophie's 4th birthday

This feisty lady turned 4 yesterday. Uncle Andy spoke at South Ridge Church for Pastor Swap Sunday between the Ridge Churches. Ben lead worship. So my parents, Ben's parents and the Bensons came to church and we had Burger King for lunch. We stayed in Fairmont for lunch to avoid driving all the over the place. The original plan was pizza in the park, but it was 95 degrees. So we thought the playland at Burger King. Who knew they'd remodeled it? Not I. It was fun though and worked out well.






 Sophie's Birthday Buddy - Cameron. Ben's family tends to group birthdays. This weekend was Lilly(Saturday), Aunt Jamie (Sunday), Cameron & Sophie (Sunday) and Grandad's would've been today. Ted shares a birthday with Joanna & Uncle David. Andy & Hannah are one day different at the beginning of May as are Terri & Aunt Lois in April. Strange!

Matt stopped for lunch on his way back from Chestnut Ridge.

 Sophie's birth day


1st birthday

2nd birthday

I totally forgot that was her 2nd cake. Oh she wore those shoes everywhere. They were too small and stunk to high heaven.

 3rd birthday

Sophie Tuel, I have LOVED you being 3. It was, by far, our best year together. Your sense of humor makes all of laugh daily - hard. The expressions you use in your stories and general communication are hilarious and so animated. You also have the ability to drive me absolutely mad. You started "school" this year going one day a week. You loved it! You have learned your letters and you are starting to read. (Just kidding. Everyone else writes that when their kids are 4. My poor kids.) You have the kindest, sweetest spirit. You are a good sharer of your things. You have such a love of princesses and everything girly (dresses, jewelry, hair stuff, high heels, baby dolls). You avoided any life threatening injury this year. You cut off many, many inches of hair and we love your new haircut. You have learned to ride a scooter and a bike with training wheels. You can swing yourself and love a good park. You LOVE swimming and have taken to it like a fish. You have a new found love for books. I put a cup of water on the dining room table and you water color on and off all day. You have always narrated life but have recently started to narrate to song. I love listening to you sing.

I often wonder what you will be like as you get older. I pray you keep your sweet, kind spirit and your sense of humor. You are so beautiful on the inside and the out. We love you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh - are those the "ruby slippers" we passed down from Caroline, then Victoria?? Too funny! She's so big!!!! I love reading your blog and "keeping up" with you!

Love and miss you!!!