Thursday, September 3, 2009

catching up . . .

Ben and I have just been catching up on life . . . and trying to figure out what our lives will look like this year. It's really hard coordinating our schedules with Ted having preschol in the mornings, Ben being gone a lot of evenings, and my trying to work two full days a week. My camera hasn't even left the diaper bag. We are very much look forward to a fun and relaxing weekend.

To update you:

- Ted & Sophie are going back to their normal wake up times. Between 7-8 am. I like that. It works for us. They have both been so pleasant and wonderful these past couple of weeks. I've really been enjoying being with them.

- Football season officially starts for the Mountaineers on Saturday. One of Ted's old jerseys fits Sophie. No cheerleading outfits for her. There will definitely be pictures after Saturday. We're not going to the game. Just viewing it from home as a family. Unfortuneately, I already ate the entire thing of chips and salsa and other goodies I bought for the game. Real nice.

- Sophie says hi, bye-bye and night-night (ni-ni). She only says them once in a great while so you have to be listening very carefully. The "hi" kind of sounds like her normal screeching - but I know that she's really saying hi! Seriously.

- Ted has finally learned how to ride his scooter. He's undecided about being ready to go back to preschool on Wednesday. I'm definitely ready.

- We went to a soccer game with Ben on Tuesday. Sophie walked around the bleachers like she owned the place, tried to eat other people's food, and was generally everyone's entertainment. It was at the field where we had Big Kick Soccer Camp - Ted couldn't understand why he couldn't play.

- I am loving my job. Big things are happening and I'm thankful to be in the middle of it. My holy discontent are families. I'm ready to run hard this year.

I think that's about all. Life is pretty uneventful. I kind of like it that way right now.

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

we just found out we are having a girl and just yesterday (as I prepared for gameday) I thought..oh know the cheerleading outfits! I WILL NOT DO IT! and was so excited to see you will not join in on that tradition either.
our boys should have enough mountaineer clothes to dress her up for years to come!