Wednesday, September 30, 2009

misc

* the Young Life banquet on Monday was a HUGE success. It was a great evening at the Power Alley Grill, wonderful speaker (kids, leaders & Deb), and a full house. Our budget looks healthy which is such a huge blessing. People are so generous and kind.

* i my love my job. We're in the middle of the "influence" sermon series. It's about the influence that parent's have and really need to take full advantage of. So far we've covered 1) make it personal, 2) imagine the end, and 3) fight for the heart. We've got create a rhythm and widen the circle left. Very thought provoking. Makes me think about the "time" that I spend with my kids - and how I choose to use that.

* i am very blessed for my staff and team leaders in family ministry. They go above and beyond all the time. And my volunteers. I am always amazed, humbled and thankful at the impact that they have and their talents and gifts that they choose share with kids and families.

* we are reading through the new testament in our women's bible study. It involves large chunks of reading and is totally out of what I like to do. But it has been so neat. Everyday I discover new, sweet things.

* ben is going to his second U2 concert in a month. He went to Chicago a couple of weekends ago. Tomorrow he is going to Charlottesville. He keeps saying that he's going to guest blog. Probably not!

* there's always some sort of new "stage" with babies. I don't know what stage Sophie is in but holy cow, she's in rare form these days. But she totally understands things. If I tell her to go get her cup or blankie she gets it. She brings me the snacks that she wants. She also likes to help me do the laundry. She carries it from our rooms to the washer.

* ted is adjusting to preschool better. We're working on a new discipline system that allows him to self monitor a little more. We've got to figure this out!

No comments: