Wednesday, September 9, 2009

sweet moments





On Sunday and Monday we went to New Martinsville. Both kids had started with snotty noses on Friday - most likely allergies. So Sunday night, Sophie was having a really hard time. She cried and cried and cried when I put her to bed. She finally went to sleep only to wake up crying a short time later. Not knowing quite what to do, I layed down on the big bed for you. Let me preface this by saying that neither of my children have ever slept in our bed. We don't even fall asleep together. This summer, Ted and I actually fell asleep in the same bed for the first time ever - if I do lay in bed with him, he usually tells me it's time for meto go. Especially as babies, they both just want to play when they get in bed with us. But Sophie let me snuggle with her and she just layed there. She sucked her thumb and covered her eyes. Then she would look around and wave at the pictures on the wall. It was so sweet and such a special 10 minutes. She NEVER snuggles EVER. It's fun to watch how she sucks her thumb, covers her face, and moves her fingers on her blankie. The things I don't get to see.


Then on the way home, Ted was having an espeically hard time in the car. He's been sitting in the 3rd row b/c Sophie really bothers him in the middle. So I crawed back by Ted and we sang together. When I say sing, I mean belt out the words sing. His new favorite songs that he learned at camp include Great Escape by Boys Likes Girls, Don't Stop Believin' by Journey, Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi & Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings. He knows all the words and sings his little heart out - well I might add. So we kicked Millie to the front seat and we sang and danced from Ripley to Charleston. Now he thinks I should be in the backseat all the time.


Sweet moments with my kids this weekend!

2 comments:

The Cobb Family said...

good for you, Laura! moms of young kids are so busy that we miss soooo many sweet moments. I want to enjoy them, but sometimes I'm too busy hiding in my own bed. glad you had them!

WVmedicgirl said...

It all sounds so precious!! I miss you all!!