Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cold

I took Sophie to the doctor this afternoon. The "teething" symptoms have been going on for 10 days with no new teeth. And last night, she woke up with the dreaded barking sort of cough. This morning it was much better, but I still don't like taking any chances when it comes to coughing and breathing. We've dealt with that too much to mess around with it.

The doctor said it's a virus. Could be RSV but not a severe case. Nothing to worry about unless it gets worse. RSV for most babies is just a bad cold. That's why mom's like me (w/ a preemie baby) should keep their children out of public places b/c of mother's like me (the mom who takes her kid everywhere). Sorry to all of you out there.

On the flip side, Sophie is now 18 pounds, 12 ounces. Yes, she's getting up there. Only another pound and she's technically too big for her infant carseat. She'll have to take over Ted's carseat and Ted will move to a booster. So, we're on warp speed to learn sitting up by herself b/c right now riding in any sort of cart just won't happen!

The camera was MIA in Young Life Fall Weekend stuff for awhile. Now I can't find the cord to get pictures off the camera. I'll do pictures eventually . . .

1 comment:

thesawhooks said...

We are on the same train! Jaxen is about to outgrow his seat - but no where near sitting up all alone. He kind of "leans" up - if we spread his legs JUST RIGHT... :) I think all the rolls in his tummy prohibit the process... haha! :)