Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dr. Will

Will Gibson is our family dentist. He's a friend from River Ridge. Today was Ted's first time to see Dr. Will. All day, Ted sang the "going to the dentist" song (his own made up song), told me that Dr. Will was going to count his teeth (he guessed that he would have 5 teeth) and brush them. Ben really wanted to take him so I said giddy up!

Ted's appointment was at 4:00pm. At 4:15 Ben called to say that he was on his way home. Ted wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with the hygenist. He did let Dr. Will count his teeth and get a quick brush in (with some help opening his mouth). The moving chair was what did him in. We saw Will earlier in the day at church so we talked about coming to see him later. Ted did say that he would also like to see Dr. Riley too. (Will and Riley are 2 of the Santen's kids. He automatically assumed that it was Will Santen he was going to see and wanted to see Riley too!) Needless to say, Ben didn't get any great "1st trip to the dentist pictures."

Ted has 20 teeth. I guess that's good. I jinxed myself the other day when I said that Sophie hadn't made a peep about her teeth. For the past 3 days she's CRIED all day. Which is totally not her. Today was her first day back to normal. I was thinking back to Ted and I can remember him getting the first two on the top and the bottom and after that, it was like he woke up with a mouth full of teeth one day. I DON'T REMEMBER him getting any of the last 16. Makes me feel kind of like a bad mom . . .

No comments: