Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner

So Ted hasn't been eating dinner very well. He'll eat about 3 bites and ask to get down. It took me a couple of days to realize that less than 30 minutes after not eating dinner, I was letting him pound goldfish. So, being the sharp mother that I am, I told him he could get down but no snacks. NONE! The past 2 evenings have been a battle. But he will tell me that he cannot have snacks b/c he didn't eat his dinner.

So tonight, we're all eating dinner together. I even made his favorite - broccolli. He ate about 2 bites and said, "Mommy, can I get down and read my bible?" As serious as all get out. We laughed so hard - and said, "Nice try. But no!"

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the little things in life!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. How funny! love the revamped new blog!

funny me and mom comment on the same one

jaclyn

thesawhooks said...

HAHA - I love that!!!! Great story! :)